Monday, October 22, 2012

Back in Kanab

I got back from DC Saturday and stayed the night in Vegas.  In the morning I made the three hour trip back to Kanab.  It was a nice drive through some VERY pretty country.  I was reminded of a customer that came into the store.  She said "We wanted to visit some place that was God made and not man made".  This is truly God's country.  He really used his creative side to paint this area in brilliant reds, golds, browns, and greens.

For those of you who don't know.  I'm a Course Leader (Tour Director/Guide) for Worldstrides.  I take students on educational tours of the east coast.  I was in DC to lead a tour this past week with a lovely group from the San Diego area.  They were really fun.  The best part of the trip though, was the pretty fall colors in the area.


 We went to Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home for a wonderful tour.

 We took the Michie Tavern Tour.  The boys were great sports and even learned to "dance" a Colonial dance.

 When we got to DC, the weather was great.  It was cool and crisp in the morning and mid-70s in the afternoon.  I took some evening pictures but they didn't turn out so well.


We had a bit of rain on our big walking day (naturally).  Fortunately the heavy rain held off until we were on the bus after the Capitol appointment.  The kids had a great Capitol tour and then we took a great group picture on the steps.

 Gordo was so happy to have Grandma home!  Wade said that he was sad while I was gone.  Also, Wade mentioned that he saved Gordo's life AGAIN!  They went out walking on a trail and ran into FOUR rattle snakes.  Fortunately, Wade had his defensive weapon on him and shot the one that almost got Gordo.  Good job honey!

I brought a new stuffed "kitty" home as a gift for Gordo.  Here he is holding it.  I'm sure that by the end of the week, it will have NO ears, arms or tail.  He likes to eat those first.

Lastly, I wanted to post this on my BLOG.  My daughters friend of 14 years is missing.  She was in my Girl Scout troop for five years.  Please take a look at the flyer and please post it on your Facebook, blog, or other social media site.  Rachel has been on my mind all week while I was in DC.  I even shared this with a few of the students who are also going to pray for her and her family.  Please keep the Brandt family in your prayers and pray that Rachel is safe and calls home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment