Saturday, October 6, 2012

I think you should wear that through TSA...

I haven't written in a few days but am still here in Kanab, UT.  My attitude is even a bit better.  I'm working on finding joy in EVERYTHING I do, so that means work too!

We had a great night last night at the store.  These two couples came into the store from Barcelona, Spain.  They spoke very little English and, between Wade and I, we didn't speak enough Spanish to get through.  However, walking and pointing worked.  They decided to purchase this VERY LARGE Chief's Indian headdress ($495).   When the lady asked how they would get it back, I told we could package it to be carried on the plane.  I then said "well, you know you, could just wear it through TSA and onto the plane", they all laughed.  I would have!  That would be so great.  Can you just see TSA as you approach the security check point?  It would truly be a YouTube worthy video!

Wade snapped a picture of the wife wearing the headdress.


The other thing that happened at work was some people from Belgium came into the store and went right for the replica guns.  They look like 1850s revolvers.  Old western type.  Why is it, that the first thing foreigners do with guns is point it right at there face and look down the barrel?   I looked at Wade and he was watching them too.  We both broke out laughing and headed in different directions.   

On another note...while at the gym yesterday, I found a flyer for the Apple Festival in Glendale, UT.  It's a short 1/2 drive from here.  It is during a work day but we won't work until the evening so we have all day.  Sounds like fun.  

Our big news last week was that Alyssa passed her practical portion of her cosmetology state board exam.  She is now scheduled for the written portion of the test.  We are hoping she passes it the first time and can get on with her career.  She hit a bit of a bump in the road in life last night when her apartment upper her rent by $400 a month!  Today she is looking for a new place.  Say a prayer for her please.

Happy Saturday everyone...




No comments:

Post a Comment