Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bryce Canyon National Park

Our first day off was spent exploring Bryce Canyon National Park.


 The day was kinda overcast but very cool.  By the time we got into the National Park, it was 68 degrees.  The pictures are a bit out of order but you get the idea.  It was beautiful.  The picture to the right was a Natural Bridge.  Also known as an Arch.

The picture below is from the "amphitheater" Those things that stick up are called  Hoodoos created by erosion.  It was pretty and we had a great time walking around.

You can hike down into the canyons if you want but Wade and I were happy to just peek from above.


Since I was a kid, I have really been into rocks.  There were so many rock stores on the way to the Bryce.  We stopped at three of them and I bought Christmas presents.  Sorry family...you are getting travel gifts this year!




 Gordo was a bit worn out by the time we headed home.  He slept on my lap all the way back.


When we got home I thought I should take a pretty picture of the area where we are camped.  The rocks are red and very cool to look at.  
We are hoping to go off roading tomorrow.  I stopped in the Visitor's Center at Bryce Canyon National Park and bought a Utah trailways book.  It shows all of the off road trails in the area.

Wade got his new GoPro Camera yesterday so I'm hoping to add some video in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment